Running FreeBSD 10 on Dell blade server with VIA Nano U2250 (1.6GHz), 2 GB ECC RAM, 500GB Seagate
Laptop Hybrid HDD with 8GB MLC NAND SSD cache and 64MB DRAM cache. Hosted in Iliad DC3, Paris, by online.net.
Follows the general naming scheme of naming my computers after catastrophic events caused by human error.
For more information about the LZ 129 "Hindenburg", see here.
Services and technologies
Quite a long list for such a low-powered machine, part of the reason for this is that I want to see how much I can actually run here with reasonable performance:
- mail: Sendmail, dovecot, mimedefang, spamassassin, roundcube
- xmpp: prosody running inside luajit
- ircd: inspircd
- files: FreeBSD ftpd, rsyncd, both low-traffic enough to be run from inetd
- webchat: qwebirc behind nginx
- http: nginx, php-fpm, mysql
- packet filter: pf
- local DNS forwarder: unbound
- various: FreeBSD inetd, KAME dhcp6c, Mediawiki, letsencrypt, jails, OpenSSHd, newsyslog, UFS without softupdates
Projects hosted here
- barfooze.de, my homepage
- sabotage, a musl based linux distribution
- mirrors for various other free software projects
- IRCnet qwebirc
- Xinutec qwebirc
- Xinutec ircd
- Xinutec XMPP Service
- Aquaria mods mirror
- Lost Vikings 3 wiki
- Mail for a few different people
- Mailing lists
Other things people run here
- irssi (ncurses IRC client)
- mutt (ncurses mail client)
- TTYtter (commandline twitter client)
- 2016-02-28: Replaced lighttpd completely by nginx, switched everything over to letsencrypt
- Mailman 3? I've switched away from mlmmj because it was fairly horrible and now switched to plain aliases based mailing lists, which is also fairly horrible, but a bit less.
- Web interfaces for git/hg/svn/darcs?